Treatment for Strengthening the Pelvic Floor
¿What is BTL EMSELLA™?
Emsella is an innovative non-surgical treatment for urinary incontinence and intimate discomfort in men and women. This unique technology revolutionizes intimate health and well-being for both genders by giving incontinence sufferers a completely non-invasive option. Designed to strengthen and stiffen the pelvic floor muscles, Emsella improves urinary incontinence and vaginal laxity, thanks to the application of deep penetrating focused electromagnetic pulses that produce hyperplasia and hypertrophy of muscle myofibrils in response to supramaximal contractions that are not achieved physiologically. Each physiological contraction lasts one millisecond, EMSELLA produces contractions of two and three seconds duration while emitting 250 continuous electromagnetic pulses to maximize the response of injured muscles and sphincters.
EMSELLA is also recommended for men in different pathologies. Additionally, it is cleared by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration of the United States) and by the European community and present in more than seventy-two countries around the world.
- Leakage of urine when coughing, sneezing, pushing or lifting weight.
- Correction of grade I or II genital prolapse.
- As preventive pelvic floor therapy after each delivery or pregnancy, remember that the mere weight of the baby for 9 months causes increased abdominal pressure and this has an impact on the health of the pelvic muscles.
- In men before and after presta surgery, this favors the urinary sphincter and you will be able to control urine leakage in a period of one month after surgery, instead of 4 to 6 months as usual.
- In nocturnal urinary emergencies, patients who get up many times at night due to the so-called neurogenic bladder, as long as it is not due to infection.
- Intimate discomfort problems in ladies and gentlemen caused by the drop in hormones due to menopause, or secondary damage to cigarettes, diabetes mellitus, herpes, among others.
- Premature ejaculation problems because it improves vascularization and nerve conductivity.
- Rehabilitation of the pelvic floor in patients undergoing bariatric surgery or strict diets, where they lose a lot of weight and the pelvic floor muscles are stretched, predisposing them to suffer from incontinence, prolapse and sexual discomfort.
How Does the Treatment Looks Like?
Through the use of the “chair”, which is the device used for treatment, the patient receives high-intensity electromagnetic waves, which are focused on the pelvic area to cause deep stimulation of the pelvic floor muscles. and restoration of neuromuscular control. The patient can receive the treatment fully clothed, it is non-invasive, there is no pain or downtime after treatment, so patients can leave immediately after receiving it. The treatment only lasts 28 minutes per session. Clinical studies have shown that 100% of patients had improved pelvic floor muscle awareness as a result of this treatment, and 95% of treated patients reported satisfaction and a significant improvement in their quality of life after six sessions.
4,500 kegel exercises (exercise for voluntary contractions of the pelvic floor) are required to recover the pelvic floor by 25%, that is equivalent to 50 exercises a day, 1,500 a month, and 4,500 in 3 months. With EMSELLA you will achieve 11,800 kegels in 28 minutes, which is why you will see the results from the first session with our chair.
Benefits of this Treatment
- Improves incontinence and urinary frequency from the first session.
- Strengthens the pelvic floor in a preventive and curative way.
- It is non-invasive, so it does not require recovery time.
- It can be applied to any gender and any age.
- Patients are fully clothed since it’s not required removing your clothing.
- Improves sexual function.